My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 22 October 2023

Lower Rowe Lake Hike

The weather has been pretty nice so far this October but it looks like it is about to change.  We decided to take to the mountains on Friday before the white stuff arrives.

Ron started off the day by going to the pool to swim.  I started my day by not doing that.  

The days are much shorter so the hike has to be too.  It was a perfect fall day with clear skies and good temperatures. The hike begins from the Akamina Parkway.  
Right from the parkway, the trail is a gradual incline through the burnt out forest.  Regrowth lines the path which adds new life to the walk.  
After a slow process (for me), we entered into an area which had avoided the fire of 2017.  Looking bad, the view was worth the heavy breathing.
When we reached the point of heading to the Upper Lake, we decided to be satisfied with the Lower Lake.
We had lunch there…salmon (from Kitimat) sandwich. It was a beautiful spot on a really nice day.  I did have to slip on my jacket while we sat there but as soon as we headed back down the trail, it went back in my backpack.


The views going down the mountain were pretty spectacular but unfortunately this is when my knee starts to slow me down almost as much as my lack of oxygen does going up.



Earlier in the year, we would have been going through some streams but at this point of the year, it was pretty dry. There were a couple of waterfalls along the way.

By the time we got back to the car I had about 14,000 steps.  I hobbled into the house to soak in a warm bath and then lay on the couch.  RON WENT GOLFING!  🏌️‍♂️vs 🛌

Yesterday, we worked around the house, putting the gardens to bed, cleaning up the deck and making sure the snow blower is on the ready.
I guess it might be time to get the snowshoes out! ❄️

No comments: