My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 15 September 2023

Peace

Words can’t truly express the feeling I have sitting beside a lake.  


There is something so calming about a gentle breeze that slightly ripples the water. After nine days of being on the go, Ron and I have had two whole days of time around the trailer.  Today was the best.  It was a cool morning but that didn’t stop Ron from building a fire for us.  

We enjoyed our coffee while soaking in the heat.  We toasted our bread on the campfire.  It tastes so much better than having it just pop out of the toaster.  I then went for a walk down a beautiful country road.  

The sounds of crickets and birds singing was about the only noise I heard.  The leaves are starting to turn colours but I know that there is much more beauty to be revealed.


Ron went for a jog along the same road. The day warmed up and we took the kayaks out for a paddle.  We went further than we planned and made it to the end of the lake.  On our way back to the dock, we stopped at the beach and went swimming.  It’s unbelievable to us that the lake can be so warm this far into September.

I feel like I’m breathing deeper and sighing more.  We are loving our getaway.

No comments: