My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 24 September 2023

21,900 Days

They say that there are birthday milestones.  It could be that first birthday that you don’t remember but everyone else feels that it is special.  In Ontario, your 16th birthday is looked forward to because it is driver license time.  When you turn 18, you are supposed to be an adult but you still feel like you would like someone else to still make the important decisions.  Turning 40 is considered the start to mid life years.  I looked up turning 60 and I found that 60 is the new 40.  I kind of like that, so that is what we shall go with.

Stephen said that this year my birthday has gone on for weeks beginning with the surprise celebration that Jenn hosted two Saturdays ago.  Yesterday, Jenn and her tag alongs, plus mom and dad, came to the trailer to once again celebrate with me.

We started off a little shaky with forgotten ingredients but it all worked out just perfect.

We had pizza buns in the new pizza oven.



The dessert was plentiful with special cupcakes.



The kids roped Dan and Christa into playing on the water with them.


We visited into the evening and then sat around the fire enjoying s’mores.  


When we said goodbye, we were left with Emma, Abby and Anthony.

Today was my actual birthday.  I received calls, texts and messages throughout the day wishing me a good day.  We went to the Verona church and had more greetings and a special cake.


I’m thinking that all the birthday celebrations are now over and it’s back to normal life.  I now have to learn what it is like to live like a 60 year old which I think it will be pretty similar to my life of a 59 year old.

No comments: