My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 6 August 2019

The Best 6 Weeks

Over the past six weeks, my house has been noisy, messy, cluttered with craft supplies, beds were made most of the time and the dish washer ran a couple of times a day.  There were extra shoes at both doors and the ipads were usually running out of battery with lots of fingerprints on the screen.  It was great!
We had so many adventures. We did lots of hikes to falls, lakes and through many trails.











We explored the area around us and had fun all along the way.






 We enjoyed lots of time around the house playing games, baking, singing, being silly and enjoying lap and hug times.





 And of course, tea times!
Even walking around Pincher Creek was fun.  We went to parks and got to see lots of deer.


Swimming lessons lasted a full week and the kids had a great time learning new things in the pool.
We got to see where Grandpa works and nothing warms this Nanny's heart but to see her grandchildren walk along side the man that I've walked with for 36 years.




And then yesterday, we celebrated one day early our Princess's 10th Birthday.  Sarah helped to make the cake and we had friends from the church join us.


And then this morning my heart ached as I hugged Sarah, Emma and Jacob goodbye on Sarah's actual birthday.
My house is clean.  My ipad has battery left for me to use tonight.  The beds are all made and there isn't any extra things laying around.  The house is super quiet and I have cried a number of times today.
I'm going to miss so many things.  The early morning snuggles from Sarah.  The many hugs demanded by Jacob and Emma's helping hands and silliness.  These past 6 weeks have been the best and now I need to get use to a quiet house again and start planning for when I can see them again.



My heart is full of love!  Now, off to bed, no stories to read, no kids to tuck in, no one more hug....this house is too quiet!


No comments: