My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 8 June 2019

Drywood Creek Hike, Cameron Lake Bike, and Crowsnest Ride

Last week, Ron and I decided it was time to get back into some hiking.  I have two books to choose hikes from and I like to pick easy ones.  We backed a lunch and headed just south of Pincher Creek, down the road to the Shell Plant and found the trail head for Drywood Creek.
The temperature was perfect with it being not too cool but cool enough for hiking.
The trail was leading us to a waterfall and along the way we enjoyed the snow covered mountains and beautiful spring flowers.
We had to cross a few little steam areas and thankfully Ron was able to stand on the other side and help me across so it was all done without incident.
We arrived at the waterfall and enjoyed a little snack.
We tried to go past the falls but there was still too much snow so we decided to just enjoy the creek along the way back.

The next day, Ron worked overtime in Waterton and then the day after, we took our bikes to Waterton with the intent to bike to Cameron Lake.  I was told that the first 3 km was all up hill and then it evened out.  At 6 km, I was still climbing and I decided that I would head back to town and let Ron discover Cameron Lake himself.
The ride was beautiful.  The road meanders along a gorge with waterfalls all along the way.

Ron made it to the lake and it was beautiful.  Thankfully I could enjoy it via his pictures.


Back in Waterton, someone was enjoying the scenery by putting in on canvas.
The next day, we decided to try an easier activity.  We went on the motorcycle down the pass.  Our intent was to get to Fernie, but the clouds looked a little threatening.  We stopped in Sparwood for a lunch break before the ride home.
It was a good week of activity.  So many places to experience and it is always great spending the time with my most faithful partner in life.

No comments: