My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 17 February 2019

Remembering

My father-in-law always kept a journal.  He would write down a few lines for each day so that he could remember what happened over the years.  I adopted that idea from him and in 1998 and started my journal.  So, for over 20 years, I have kept track of our days.  Sometimes it is very routine and others are more exciting.  Sometimes the memories make me smile and others not so much. 
 
So what happened in this day in history in the Clark family?
 
Oh, I won't bore you with all the details but it is interesting to see so many people that have come into our lives and so many that are still there.
 
In 2008, Jenn went for an ultrasound.  That's when it became real that we were going to be grandparents.

 
It's nice to remember that in 2014 we were in St. Thomas and spent the day snorkeling.  In 2016, we snorkeled in Belize.  Oh, they were good memories.
In 2017, my sister came to visit and we looked after my son's fur family.


We took them for dogs for a walk and Tanker knocked me over in the mud.  Good memory.....well, I think so.

Journaling is definitely a good hobby.  It involves living and experiencing life and then just jotting it down.  Life is full of ups and downs.  Looking over my journal there really are more ups then downs. The downs knock the breath out of us and the ups keep us going, help us look forward to the future and helps us get through those hard memories.

What will 2019 hold?  I'm sure there will be good and hard times.  Times of tears, joy, excitement, friendships and probably a lot of regular ho hum life will be found through the pages.  Looking forward to filling my pages by experiencing life with my family and friends.



No comments: