My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 22 February 2019

Family Day

A few years ago a new holiday surfaced in Canada.  The idea is perfect.  Family Day!  A special day for families to spend together.  Back in Ontario, my sister organized a family reunion and I saw some of the pictures.  On Facebook, there were lots of photos of family get-togethers.  Ron and I found ourselves on this year's family day, just the two of us.

So...we did some planning.

First, we planned a cross country ski trip with our son.  We booked an inn in Radium, BC in March.  It will be great.  I'm already planning the menu and looking forward to spending some special time with our boy and his boy, Tanker!
We then went skiing, just the two of us. 
It was a cold day but we dressed the weather.
We stopped at a lookout and my phone rang.  Jenn and the kids called on the way home from the family reunion.  It was so nice for them to call and for my phone to have service at the top of the mountain.
We really enjoyed the day.  The weather was great and my company was the best.
We stay together through a lot of the trails but at one point we split for him to go on the blue trails while I stay on the easy/green ones.  I decided to try a new route.  It was beautiful with the snow laying heavy on the branches.  As the wind blew the snow off of the trees there were times that it felt like I was in a snow globe.  I came around one corner and a "not so green" hill was in front of me.  I tried to snow plow but instead I plowed full speed down the hill and landed head first into a fortunately very soft snow bank.
I got up, dusted the snow off of my hat and continued on down the trail to meet my family...okay, it was just Ron.  He's good family.

On the way home from skiing, we stopped to pick up groceries and guess what?  Family Day is a good day to get Valentine's sales.
When we got home, we did some more family planning.  We booked tickets to go to Ontario at the end of June to pick up three of our grandchildren.

Family day turned out great.  Spending the day with my hubby, booking family get-togethers and eating chocolate!

No comments: