My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 18 November 2018

Just Because

This morning I sat down at my desk to do a little bit of work.  I looked at blogs from across the world from the students that I work with.  I sent a quick email to my boss across the province.  Yesterday, I called my parents, talked to my son, received a picture from my daughter and grandson and of course, checked out facebook and instagram.

 I get emails that my fitbit is low in battery, my screen use and all kind of other updates.

It's really crazy how in an instant we can be in contact with people all over the world.  It's all good.  I have mentioned to the students a number of times how it use to be when the missionaries would have to wait for a letter to come in the mail before they could know what was happening at home.  Now, I get an email, facebook or WhatsApp message and can get an answer to them in minutes rather than weeks or months.
You know, it's all good but I still love those moments when I can sit down with someone and enjoy their company.  Ron has the next week off before he leaves for Edmonton and I am looking forward to his company. 


I'm excited about Cheryl coming on Saturday and that we can decorate the house for Christmas, go for walks and enjoy our tea time.  I get so excited when our son comes with his little fur family and nothing is better than a hug from my boy.  I was supposed to be heading to Ontario next week and oh, I would have loved to have shopped with my daughter,
 played with my grandchildren and have tea with my mom and dad.

Yes, technology is good but there is nothing like face to face and that is why I will get ready this morning and walk to church with 50 km gusts of wind instead of sitting at home and watching it via facebook.  So just because you can sit at home and visit with people all around the world, it doesn't always meet it's the best way.

No comments: