My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 17 February 2018

Rollar Coaster Week

I hate roller coasters.  I have only been on one real one.  I always wonder why people want to do that.  You stand in line watching people ride and scream along the way.  Some get off the ride holding their stomachs, others stumble to a near by bench to rest and then there are those crazy people who run to the back of the line ready to go again.

I just don't understand why people like that feeling.  I prefer the safe feeling when there aren't so many ups and downs in life.

This past week was one of those roller coaster kind of weeks. 
On Sunday it was about to get very exciting because we knew that the next day our "Alberta kids" were going to make a very big announcement.

Andrew and Brianne are having twins!
And then came Monday when we got the terrible news that our "granddog" had lymphoma.  It sounded like there was very little chance for our Bentley.
I sat in my office and cried on and off most of the day.  I cried for our son, for Bentley and for me.  He's such a fun, sweet dog.

On Tuesday, we got word that our oldest granddaughter, Sarah had been scheduled for dental surgery.  It's hard not to be there for Jenn and Sarah.
Wednesday was a bit of an up day after two very hard days.  Jenn gave me the dates that she could come for my surgery and so I booked her a ticket.  Having to go through the surgery will not be fun but having Jenn here will truly be a blessing.  Bentley also had an appointment with an oncologist and they started chemo.  The prognosis is that after chemo he should go into remission for a while but there is a 25% that he will be completely better.  Praying!!!

On Thursday, we started to climb higher on our roller coaster.  Bentley was feeling good, tickets booked for Jenn....and we were off to Calgary.  After a very long time I was going to have a ring on my finger.  My engagement ring was lost early last year and finally after a lot of headaches and tears we had one designed to go with my bands.

It was an exciting time....you know that kind when you are at the top of the roller coaster and ready to go over that cliff when your heart is in your mouth.

Friday...we were ready to get off this roller coaster and have life tame down for a while.  We are thinking good thoughts for our Bentley....praying for our Sarah who has surgery next week....enjoying looking at my sparkly finger.
Now, back in Ontario there is another roller coaster starting.  Jacob, our grandson is a little concerned about his mom coming to help me.  He wants to know who will be making his supper.

No comments: