My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 27 November 2016

T'was the Month Before Christmas

T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house or perhaps I should say the month before when I had the decorations up and the lights on.


And to add to the Christmas spirit we were off for a Christmas weekend.  Our first stop was to Spruce Meadows for the Calgary Christmas Market.

We searched for some reindeer and found a few along the way and an imposter.  Can you tell the difference?
 


We enjoyed checking out the many displays, sampling a few treats and listening to the Christmas music along the way.  We then headed to Banff and saw this mountain town decorated to the max.

We enjoyed a walk around town, a nice dinner and a few stops in some shops before heading back to our hotel room. 
 
In the morning we headed to the Banff Christmas market where we enjoyed looking at the crafts and the animals.
 


 It was a wonderful weekend.  We enjoyed lots of Christmas memories, some good talks and quite a few laughs.  It would have been wonderful to spend the weekend with my own daughter but since that wasn't possible it was great to spend time with my adopted Alberta girl.

She has helped me so much in settling into the west.  She is a special girl!

A wonderful Christmas weekend!
A Merry Christmas to all....and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hello my dear friend! How wonderful to be so close to all the lovely places you get to visit. So happy you are enjoying your life in Alberta. Hoping you are drinking lots of tea and thinking of me as I think of you during those COLD walks to Timmy's each morning. ;)
Take care friend!
xo Catherine