My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 6 August 2016

Where Did That Week Go?

This past week flew by and I'm feeling it today.  Monday was the last day of a long weekend and Ron was just recovering from nights but we kept busy with biking, walking and enjoying the time around home.



On Tuesday we left home bright and early to meet up with our son to do an errand for him which didn't quite work out but we did deliver some meals for his freezer and then went on a hunt for a new purse.  After walking in every store at the Crossiron Mall that even looking liked like they might have purses we finally found the right one.  Success!
When we got home we went to Andrew and Brianne's for Catan and Ron won both games. Enough said!  We just got to bed and one storm after another rolled through Three Hills keeping me awake until 2:00 a.m.


On Wednesday it was off to work for both Ron and I.  It was a full day of talking, meeting people, tours and cleaning out and setting up my new office.  By the time I got home I had a hard time keeping my eyes open.


On Thursday, we were both back to work.  After work the grass needed to be cut but we still had the energy for Catan.  This time things went a little better.  Andrew finally won and I took the second game.


Friday morning I left in the morning to help our boy with painting.  We worked hard and got things closer to where he needs his renovations to be.  I got home at 10:00 p.m. with sore muscles and awful looking hands.

On Saturday, Brianne picked me up and we headed to Airdrie for a bit of pampering.  We sat in massage chairs beside each other chatting while we were given pedicures.  We moved across the salon to have our manicures done and my finger nails improved!
I'm still amazed that those are my real nails!  With fancy toes and fingernails we headed out for a sushi lunch...yum!  A stop at Walmart and Tim's and we headed for home.  Relaxing day and fun company!

I finished my day up by sending Ron off to work and then calling our oldest granddaughter who was turning 7 today.  The last two birthdays she had spent with us.  She was having a great time ....having her cake and eating it too!
 Happy Birthday Sarah!
We ended our phone call with the regular "love you's" but this time I got to add, "See you on Wednesday!" 

So this week might have been busy but I have a feeling the next two will be even busier!


No comments: