My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Lots to Say But No Time to Say It

I have so much to tell my few followers about what we have been doing but it is 11:00 p.m. and I am just waiting to take bread out of the oven before crashing into my bed.  The days go by so fast with our little visitors and we are having a great time. 

So here is a little highlight of our last few days....quick before the timer goes off.

Ron had three days off and so we started them out by driving to Bakers Narrows Campgrounds on Sunday afternoon to stay a night in a Yurt. 
If you want to go camping....which we usually don't...this was the way to go.
We had a great time at the beach, hiking up to a lookout and finding a park.


And of course, one of my favourites, the campfire....s'mores!!!!
On Monday we had more time at the beach and park and then there was a truck appointment, an eye appointment for me (new glasses), groceries and of course the 1.5 hours drive home.
 
On Tuesday we were ready for another adventure and so we loaded up the canoe and brought along lots and lots of snacks and headed down the road again for a day on the lake.  The great thing about canoeing is being able to find your own personal beach and we found some nice sandy ones.

 
The girls were very interested in trying to paddle and so Grandpa gave them each a private lesson.

It wasn't long before they were allowed to go out by themselves...with Grandpa standing close by.
This morning we did another little canoe trip and then Ron had to lay down for an afternoon nap to prepare for his night shift.  The rest of us decided that it was a good idea too.  After Ron left for work I took the girls to get their hair cut and then it was bedtime preparations. 

Well the timer has gone off.  I now have two loaves of fresh bread.  It is 11:30 p.m. and I still need to do the dishes and clean up the kitchen.  Tomorrow will be another day of activity.  It is suppose to be a hot one so I am thinking the girls will be playing in the pool and I may just have to sit and watch them.

I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am.




No comments: