My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 27 October 2013

Happy Birthday to Two Special Ladies!

October 28th ... is a special day!  Two amazing ladies were born on this day and on the same year!

Howard and "Ha" with Jenn & Stephen


Howard and Hilda with Sarah (our granddaughter)
Hilda is a wonderful friend.  She came into my life 24 years ago when Ron was the assistant pastor in the church that her and her family attended.  Our daughter, Jenn immediately took to Hilda as a special friend and constantly wanted to be with "Ha."  A year and half later she was with Ron and I in a delivery room coaching Stephen into the world.  Hilda was a nurse and she had the best bedside manner.  Stephen gave Hilda a new name...she was known as "Big Girl."  Hilda is tall and I think he thought of her as a girl because she brought so much fun with her.  She loved to play with the kids.

Hilda has been a faithful friend through the years.  She is so special to me and she is not only loved by our children but now our grandchildren.


Mom & Dad



My mom was also born on this day...same year as Hilda!  I cannot say enough about my mom.  When I was young I loved our shopping or baking days.  She loved to read to us and has continued that tradition to my children and grandchildren.
Mom & Dad with my two sisters
and two oldest grandsons

Mom & Dad in Bon Echo
Later after I was married one of my favourite times with my mom was to go away for a weekend to shop and eat.  It was always a relaxing time and fun to spend time with just mom.

Mom and our middle grandchild
I wish I had more time to sit and have tea with my mom!




Hilda and Mom have some things in common:
  • both great moms
  • both are loved by their grandchildren
  • both are women of faith
  • both are eager and willing to help people
  • both are very special to me.
Happy Birthday Hilda and Mom!  You are loved!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to your friend and your mom!
xo Catherine