My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 26 July 2013

Ahhhh....

When the kids were young we lived on a beautiful lake and one of the activities that we enjoyed was canoeing.  There is nothing like the feeling of canoeing on a calm lake.


 Ahhh...Ron had the day off.  There was no wind.  It was warm and we found the most beautiful lake.


I can't even remember being on such a quiet lake.  It was so peaceful.  We saw two boats at a distance and only one little cabin that no one was around.
 
And so while Ron fished for supper I gently paddled and enjoyed the birds in the air and water. 
Love the sound of a loon
Not sure what kind of duck this was but he wasn't concerned about us.


Such an impressive bird!

Little Mama with her cute little family

  I also kept my eye along the shore line for some bigger wildlife but I was only treated to a look at this little guy.

And the scenery...ahhh.  Well pictures don't really capture it but I tried.




It was an absolutely perfect day.  Hopefully we have more days like this in the next two years but if not that day was worth it.


And the good news is that after about five hours on the lake we actually found the spot where we had parked the truck.


For me it was an Ahhh kind of day....
 
Hoping you have an Ahhhh kind of weekend!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Well you know I am loving the little chipmunk you saw! Aren't they just so cute? Glad you found your truck! LOL!

Glad you had a wonderful time my friend.

OK, got to go paint now. Talk to you soon!
xo Catherine