My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday, 4 October 2026

Girl’s Day Out

It’s been awhile since we had a girl’s (old lady’s day) and so we made it happen.  Cheryl’s cottage is open until the end of October and we all had a free day.  I left at 8:00 a.m. and drove through beautiful roads.  The leaves are really starting to change.

Note..I stopped to take the picture

I arrived at Donna’s and got the tour of the renovations.  Donna has been a great friend for years.  Shortly after, Angie arrived.  Did I just use the words shortly and Angie in one sentence?  Angie is not very tall but has a big heart.  We climbed into Donna’s vehicle, secured our seatbelts and headed to the camp.  

We arrived at the cottage and Cheryl was waiting for us.  Cheryl’s little haven was just what we needed to spend time catching up.  It’s always so nice spending time with these special ladies.  

Before too long, it was lunch time.  Donna had made a chicken Alfreda lasagna.  Angie mixed up a ceaser salad.  Cheryl set the table and supplied us with drinks.  It was so tasty.  Our conversation continued around the table.

We went for a walk after lunch to check out the other cottages.  It was a nice fall day to walk along Lake Ontario.

Once we had a little exercise and some fresh air, it was time for tea and Toblerone Cheesecake.  I was responsible for the dessert.  There was more talking and then I decided it was time to hit the road.  It was a really nice day and exactly what this old girl needed.

Love these girls!


1 comment:

Denise Frizzell said...

Great early Fall gathering!