My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Christmas

 With the house decorated, meals planned and a few gifts under the tree, we were ready for the big day.  The morning started quiet with just Ron and I and then by afternoon, our house was full of fur! 🐾🐾🐈‍⬛😺  Stephen and Kylie arrived with a truck load of stuff which included two dogs and two cats.  We settled in for a few days of eating, visiting and LOTS of games.



One of Stephen’s friends came for a couple of nights and it was like old times…sleepover birthday party for Stephen!  Maybe, not just like old times but it was nice to have another person at the games’ table.

The 29th was a mix of emotions for me.  It was Stephen’s 33rd birthday and I wanted to make things as nice as possible.  It was also one year from that day that we lost Tina.  Kylie was so sweet and checked in on me every now and then but we kept the games and meals going to keep me busy.  I made it through.

The next day, the truck was reloaded and they were on their way.  They stopped at Kylie’s parents for the night and then drove 15 hours to get home on New Year’s Eve.

Lilly hangs out with Beemer and Murphy.  She thinks she is a dog.
Apologies to Ace (the cat) for not getting a pic of her.

As soon as their truck was out of the driveway, Ron and I put it into overdrive.  We vacuumed, cleaned the floors, dusted and did a pile of laundry.  We moved all the deck furniture into a spare room in preparation for our move next month.  We don’t want anything to get froze into the ground.  Who moves in February?

Yesterday, we worked at taking down one of our exercise machines.  This move is starting to feel more and more real.

2024 holds lots of exciting things!

No comments: