My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 12 August 2023

60!

Today Ron turned 60!  Where has the time gone?  Today, was his official start to retirement.  Wow!

He had kind of a quiet day.  Normally I would try to make something special but instead I spent most of the day in bed not feeling well.

We did have a nice evening last night.  We packed the truck and set out to find a place near Waterton to watch the stars.  

While we waited for it to get dark, we had a steak barbeque and chatted with people that came to the lookout.  

There was a man from Ontario who went fishing in northern Ontario and then decided to keep going.  A young man from Germany was visiting his girlfriend from Calgary.  Two ladies from Alaska joined  our “campground.”  Later in the evening, two guys from Calgary pulled into sleep.  We found out that they were going rock climbing today.

Our bed was just in the back of the truck.  You don’t really have to worry about bugs but we both had bear spray and a knife beside us just in case.


As the skies grew darker, we watched the show.  I counted 18 meteorites before I closed my eyes for the night.  My morning view was just as beautiful as our evening ones.  


Unfortunately, before we could cook our eggs or try our new coffee percolator, we needed to get home because I wasn’t feeling very well.

Tonight, we sat outside for a bit to watch the skies but we were too tired to last too long.

No comments: