My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 31 January 2019

Forty Minutes To Snow

While the forecast in Ontario seems to be one snow storm after another, we haven't had too much snow in Alberta.  Lots of people dread that kind of forecast but Ron and I go looking for the white stuff.  For us, 40 minutes isn't too far for a couple of hours of winter activity.
Mountains, snow, groomed trails and a few hours means a good day for us.  Since we have been back from Ontario we have cross country skied three days over the past couple of weeks.
Day 1...
There are so many trails to experience.  At first, we went mostly on green (the easy ones).
On this day, I was excited that we tried some blue ones and I didn't have to take my skies off and walk up or down any hills. (It's happened before!)
Although, we did come to a spot where I told Ron to go on and I went another way.  It was a gentle glide down to the main line for me and Ron had more aggressive ride.
After a great morning of skiing, it was time for a snack.  We brought home a new mug to remind us of a great day.
Day 2 of skiing was another beautiful day to be in the mountains.  We still didn't have too much snow around Pincher Creek but the closer we got to the recreation area the conditions looked better.
While we were there the groomers were out which meant fresh trails for us.  In other parts, we used the trails that had been there from the previous days.
It was another great day to be there.
After a good amount of exercise, we headed into Fernie, BC for lunch.  I had goulash while Ron had an elk sandwich.  What a perfect day...skiing in the mountains, lunch in BC and home in the afternoon.
On our way home, we stopped to pick up the mail and found a parcel.
What a nice surprise to find a package from a wonderful friend at work.  Marion sent me a box of chocolates.  Someone had donated chocolates for all of the staff at work and Marion wanted me to have my share.
Day 3....On Ron's change over day (which means he worked days the day before and then worked at 2:00 p.m. the next day), we went for a morning ski.
What a perfect way to spend a morning before Ron went to work.
We really live in a great area.
We got home for lunch.  I made waffles.
After lunch, I sat down to work and Ron went to work.
 
When Ron goes to work, I usually work myself but one day this week I went for a walk for an appointment.  I stopped to take a couple of spicture from a spot that is close to our home.

And this is why we like the area...on the days that we can't get to snow, we can see the beautiful snow covered mountains.  Sometimes, I am amazed that we live so close to the Crowsnest.

No comments: