My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 27 December 2018

A Late Christmas

Christmas has come and gone but still we wait with wrapped presents under our tree.
We have been waiting for our son to finish his work schedule and come and join us but we have enjoyed seeing pictures of our grandchildren celebrate the day.



We did have a nice Christmas dinner but no turkey yet.

While we have been waiting we have gone for some nice drives to enjoy the scenery.

We found some turkeys that made it through another Christmas.
Today, we headed into the pass to go cross country skiing.  It was interesting that along the highway there was no snow and then just a few kilometers off the road and a little elevation the conditions were perfect.

We made our way to lake and it was easy going. 

We climbed up a little hill to enjoy the view before continuing on our ski.
We came to the first big hill.  Ron made it up with no problem.  I took my skis off and made the steep climb carrying skis and poles panting and puffing.  At the top, I enjoyed a gentle ski following my leader.
The views were pretty spectacular and the weather was perfect.  Two more times I had to take my skis off and walk down hills.  It is kind of strange trying to fit in when people ski past you as you carry your skis but at least I got my steps in.

Tomorrow we will try a new adventure and wait another day.  Our Christmas has to wait until Saturday when we will open gifts and have our turkey dinner.  Our Christmas month continues.

No comments: