My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 18 October 2017

A Full Weekend

Ron and I had a full weekend.  We started off on Thursday by going to Spruce Meadows to watch some horse jumping.

I have been so enjoying these tournaments.  The horses are so magnificent and watching them jump over the fences is so exciting. We spent the next few days at our son's. 

On Friday, we got our truck bed sprayed and a new cover put on and Ron and I walked for an hour and a half.  I won the bragging rights for the games.
On Saturday, we planned and cooked a big dinner.  Ham with all the trimmings!
Ron and the kids went swimming and I was left with the animal farm to keep me company.

On Sunday, we went to church in the morning.  As we drove away from our son's we enjoyed the beautiful views that surround the area.  We stopped in Bragg Creek for lunch.
For the afternoon we went back to Spruce Meadows.  
First, they set up the course and then the riders walk through. They count each step, measuring each jump until they need to clear the field.  Then the horses and riders come out.

After an afternoon of jumping we went out for supper and then enjoyed an evening with Michael W Smith.
We enjoyed the full weekend!  Now I'm trying to recover.

No comments: