My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday, 23 August 2026

Tamworth Life and Penny, the cat

This morning we headed off to church. It was nice to see everyone.  It was like I had never been gone.  I got the 50 Plus sign up ready and set it up in the foyer.  I turned to talk to someone and another person asked me if there were more envelopes.  I went to get them and then church was ready to start.  After church, I met with Connie.  She is the person that reviews the finances. My desk looks like it has lots of work to keep me busy for a few days.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at home.  For supper, we headed to the arena for a Fish Fry and Corn Roast.

The arena was full. There was country music playing.  
The line up to the food table was long.  

My cousin and his wife were there and so was his son and his girlfriend.  Another man there said that he had worked with my dad for years at DuPont.  We sat with a couple who said that they lived by another family connection.  The fish was good and the corn nice and sweet.

It’s great being a part of a small community that has a lot of nice events happening. On our walk home, Penny, the cat was strolling too.  

She followed us to the house and came in for her dinner and treats.  

She stayed around to have a little visit.

I guess Penny, the cat is happy that we are home.


No comments: