My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday, 20 August 2026

And We Are Home!

I woke up this morning in Vancouver and my coffee and muffin waiting for me.  Ron, the early riser, had already been up and going.  A travelling day is always full of hurry up and wait.  We did feel like we were taking a more of a relaxed approach to the day.  Our shuttle to the airport wasn’t until 8:30.  Our flight was at 11:30 so we had lots of time to check our luggage and get through security.  We walked from one end of the airport to the other and picked up a sandwich for the plane.

I got a message from June, a friend from Swift Current.  She said that she had been following our Bella Coola adventures through the blog but wanted to hear about our Tamworth life too. So, if you have been following along and would like to know when I do the next post, let me know so I can send you the link or you can be like June and follow the blog.

We boarded the plane and were a little excited that there was a no show in our row.  We had a little more room.  

The flight went by quickly.  
Meanwhile back in Bella Coola, Stephen had an extremely successful fishing day.  


He also had a bit of excitement when a whale surfaced about 8 feet from the boat.  He was able to get a video of it and it was pretty amazing.  If you would like to see the video, check out Stephen’s instagram @myrescuefamily

When we landed in Toronto, our luggage did too.  That is always a bonus!  


We have AirTags in our luggage to see where they are.  I’m always happen when the tags show up at the same location.

The shuttle to the truck was right outside the door waiting.  The highway was busy but no traffic jams.  Things went pretty smooth for us.

We arrived home around 11:30…tomorrow will be a laundry and grass cutting day.  We may have time later to slip over to the Black Cat.

….and I was able to add some salmon to our freezer!


No comments: