Our neighbour, Lynne and her dog Bella walked by. Before we left, she had told us that she would water our gardens. Lynne went the extra mile and planted new flowers. She has an amazing garden and was sharing her talents with us. We haven’t given her what we brought back for her but we think is very appropriate.
Janie, a friend from Tweed, sent me a morning text. She was coming through Tamworth and wanted to drop off a treat. She makes the best tarts and I was excited to have one when she handed me her sweet treats. She brought some tomatoes and cucumbers too. Bacon and tomato sandwiches became our lunch.We both had an afternoon nap and felt a little more in the Ontario time zone.
After supper we went for a little walk and stopped to have a visit with Todd. Todd is our neighbour, my cousin and our insurance agent. When we go away he comes daily to check on our house. As we continued around the block, Rod waved at us. I commented on his perfect vegetable garden. He told me to pick anything I wanted. We have great neighbours and excellent gardeners surrounding us.
So today was a relaxed day and a reminder that we have a nice home in a great community. We may not be catching salmon, watching for whales or looking for bears but we can still enjoy the day. It might not be a blog worthy day but I guess I just made it one.



No comments:
Post a Comment