My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 11 March 2023

My Thoughts

A year and a half has past since I shared my thoughts on this page.  All of last year, I blogged almost daily for my sister. The blog was entitled “I’m STEELE Standing.” (Link for the blog)  My sister, Tina was diagnosed with ALS on January 25, 2022 and faught this horrible disease for 11 months and four days. Our hearts are still in the midst of grieving.

The past couple of years have been hard.  I’ve struggled with depression, anxiety and panic attacks.  My feelings have kept me away from people and had made it hard to cope with day to day life.  These emotions started in 2021 and with Tina’s diagnosis and other family situations and dynamics, I spiraled.  I was scared.

For the past two years, we also had the primary care for one, two and sometimes three of our grandchildren.  In some ways, I think that was what kept me getting up every morning.

Two to three weeks ago I felt the cloud of depression starting to lift.  It’s not gone, but I now feel like I have some energy to battle it.  

This blog use to be filled with beautiful places and smiling faces.  My goal is to get back to that and I want to try to journal my steps along the way.  I promise that this won’t be a doom and gloom blog but rather rejoicing in the steps to recovery. ❤️‍🩹 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am right beside you ❤️ Put on that armour the fight is on!!