My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 6 May 2019

Visits

A week ago Sunday I waited anxiously for my sister and her husband to arrive.  It's so great when family comes to visit.  They arrived just after a big storm passed out of the area. 
I put my culinary skills to work and had a ham dinner and cheese cake waiting for them.

The next morning, we had coffee/tea and cinnamon buns to start our day. The morning was spent around the pool table and visiting in the living room.  After a quiche lunch, I acted as tour guide.  It's quite a beautiful place so it was fun to show them around. We stopped where the prairies meet the mountains.

We drove into Waterton and looked for animals but only saw elk at a distance and a few deer.  The bears were still hiding although we were told at the gate that "they were up."

The views didn't disappoint though.

After we finish sightseeing, we headed back home.  We had a barbeque chicken dinner and played some pool.
It was wonderful having Carol and Mike with us for a few days.  After a good breakfast, they were off to Edmonton.

The next day Ron and I went for a walk around Allison.  This was were we had been skiing.

We discovered that we weren't alone in the woods.  We were thankful that we only saw the evidence of him and not see the actual grizzly.
On our drive home, we saw a whole herd of elk and they crossed the road right in front of us.
Ron has been back to work and I have been doing a little catch up for the college and some dog walking at the SPCA.  It was a bittersweet moment this afternoon when my pal, Rex went to his forever home.
We are looking forward to a nice little break in a few days and can't wait to go and spend time with these little guys.  We love visits and visiting.
Aren't they cute!  Can't wait to hold these guys.

No comments: