My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Counting Down

This has been a bit of a different week.  On Sunday, we had a fall kickoff barbeque at the church.  The littles enjoyed the bouncy castles and the adults savoured the barbeque.



Friends from our Frankford church stopped in after church.  It was so nice to have a visit with Al and Donna.

I went to the church Monday morning to count the offering with a couple of ladies.  We got back home, just in time for my doctor’s appointment.  I was lucky enough to have two spots burned off and two others cut out on my leg.  I had a quiet afternoon.

I also have been thinking lately about working.  My next contract date is coming up for renewal.  The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of retirement.  I decided to let the pastor and board know that I would not be looking for an extension.  My last day to work will be October 2nd. which means I only have seven days until retirement!  This time I think it’s the real one!!

On Tuesday, Ron and I went to Kingston and we picked up another footstool for our front porch.  I’m going to need extra relaxing material around.

Today, I worked from home….down to six days left.  We then drove to Bon Echo for a barbeque supper.



Ron already had an active day.  He went kayaking in the morning and golfing in the afternoon. While we were in Bon Echo, he went swimming.  How am I going to keep up to him?


After a hot dog dinner on the beach, we had a nice drive home.  The leaves are starting to change colours and the sunset was beautiful.




No comments: