My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday, 10 September 2026

50 Plus and Camping

The week started out kind of busy.  Ron and I prepared for the 50 Plus meeting at the church.  Even though it was Labour Day Monday, Judy, Nylene and I decorated for our Tuesday meeting.
Our meeting went well for our fall kick off.
The lunch was great with lots of good salads.




I worked that day until 7:00 pm that night.  Wednesday was another work day and a lunch date with mom and dad.  
This morning, we packed our truck and headed to Sharbot Lake.  We found a nice site and pitched our tents.

Our new air mattress filled the one tent and hopefully will provide us a good night’s sleep.
The second tent is our change room, pantry and closet.


We went to the fish hatchery for a little walk.  It used to be to be full of large fish but only small ones made their presence known.
We had a warmed up supper and Ron started a fire while I made tea.  
Camping in September might be a first for me.  The smell of a campfire is the best.

And I just heard a loon!!!