My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 24 September 2024

HaPpY bIrThDaY to Me!

Birthdays seem to roll around faster every year.  They certainly don’t hold the same excitement that they did when I was young. 

  • Remember the excitement of turning 10…woo hoo, double digits!  
  • Then, the thrilling age of 13…officially a teenager.  
  • Nothing quite compares to that 16th birthday when you can start your driving career.
When I turned 20, it felt like adult life was real especially since I was now a wife.  At 26, I became a mom and then I began to count my children’s birthdays and then eventually my grandchildren.  

Today, I turned 61.  Wow!  

It was a good day.  Ron and I went to Denny’s for lunch.  Birthday people get a free meal.  I ordered off the 55+ menu even though that was so six years ago.

I received birthday greetings through cards, video chats, phone calls and in person.  Jenn sent me a beautiful fall flower arrangement.

I got a free blizzard just for turning a year older!

We went to Roxann and Philip’s for supper.  Cousin Philip and I share the same birthday and we have never celebrated together.  Roxann wanted to change that.  They made a Newfoundland Jiggs Dinner.  So much food and so good.

Ron was in charge of the cake and that was tasty too.

So turning older may not be as exciting as it once was but it’s still fun to celebrate, you can find freebies on your special day and get discounts.  

Just think only four more years until the government will pay me!

No comments: